General Preparation (3547)
In this manual, SelectaDock Docking System means that
SelectaDock Base Model I and SelectaDock I together when docked as one unit.
- Check that the SelectaDock Base Model I is correctly docked (connected) to the SelectaDock I.
- Check that the computer is correctly docked (connected) to the SelectaDock Docking System.
- Dock a working computer to the SelectaDock Base Model I only,
and verify there are no problems.
If there are any problems, replace the SelectaDock Base Model I.
- If possible, make sure there are no hardware
setting conflicts, such as in interrupt levels,
memory addresses, DMA channels, and I/O addresses.
- Check that the SCSI ID is set correctly.
- Test and correct any computer problems before you test
it with SelectaDock Docking System. Use the computer documentation to
resolve any computer problems.
- Test the computer with the external keyboard, external display,
mouse, and parallel and serial device connectors.
(Use the keyboard/mouse
connector to test the external keyboard and mouse.)
If no problems are found, connect the external keyboard,
mouse, parallel and serial devices to SelectaDock Docking System, then
connect SelectaDock Docking System to the computer and test it.
- If external devices are attached to SelectaDock Docking System,
such as an audio amplifier, check the device by referring to the
manual shipped with the device.
- If the user did not bring the computer with
SelectaDock Docking System for service,
use a computer that works correctly with SelectaDock Docking System.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.