Undetermined Problems (3547)
Use the following procedure when the
diagnostic tests do not identify
the failing adapter or device.
Check that all cables, wires, and connectors
are connected so that they do not cause a short circuit.
If any problems are found, reconnect or replace them.
Check the power supply for correct operation
(see 'Power Supply').
If the power supply is operating correctly, return here and continue
with the following procedures.
- Power-off the computer.
- Remove or disconnect one at a time the following adapters or devices
from SelectaDock Docking System.
(Do not isolate adapters or devices that are known to be good.)
- Non-IBM devices.
- A modem, printer, mouse, external keyboard, external display,
external diskette drive, numeric keypad, or other external devices.
- Any adapter.
NOTE: Removing an adapter or device may cause configuration errors.
Ignore error code 174.
- SCSI device.
- Hard disk drive.
- Power-on the system and check if the problem has changed.
- If the symptom remains, repeat Steps 1 through 3 until you find
the failing adapter or device,
or until all adapters or devices have been removed.
- If all adapters or devices have been removed and the problem remains,
replace the following SelectaDock Docking System FRUs one at a time.
If a replaced part did not resolve the problem,
put the original part back in the SelectaDock Docking System. Do not replace non-defective
- Riser card
- Main card
- SelectaDock Docking System audio card
If the problem goes away when you remove an adapter,
but replacing the adapter does not correct the problem,
replace the main card of SelectaDock Docking System.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.