Keyboard/Auxiliary Input Device Checkout (2625 365X, XD - 2635 380-385)
Keyboard/Auxiliary Input Device Checkout
Remove the external keyboard if the internal keyboard is to be tested.
If the internal keyboard does not work or an unexpected character
make sure that the three flexible cables extending
from the keyboard are correctly seated in the connectors
on the keyboard card.
If the keyboard cable connections are correct,
you can run on TP-2635 the - Keyboard Test by doing the following:
- Go to the diagnostic menu screen by selecting Test in
the Easy-Setup screen.
- Press Ctrl+A The ThinkPad FRU Connections screen appears.
(If the Ctrl+A does not work, triple-click on the icon on the
right bottom corner on the basic diagnostic screen.)
- Make sure that the keyboard connection is Connected, then
press Esc to escape the screen.
- A layout of the keyboard appears on the screen. Check that when
each key is pressed, the key's position on the keyboard layout on the screen changes to
a black square.
NOTE: When a Fn key is pressed, a black square briefly appears.
- Press Ctrl+Pause to end the test.
If the test detect a keyboard problem, do the following one at a time
to correct the problem. Do not replace a nondefective FRU
- Reseat the keyboard flexible cable.
- Replace the keyboard assembly.
- Replace the subcard
- Replace the system board.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.