Read This First (2625 365X, XD - 2635-380/385 - 2600-310 - 9548/49-770)
Read This First
Before you go to the checkout guide,
be sure to read this section.
- Only certified, trained personnel
should service the computer.
- Read FRU service procedures before replacing any FRUs.
- Be extremely careful during write operations
such as copying, saving, or formatting.
Drives in the computer that you are servicing
might have been rearranged or the drive startup
sequence might have been altered.
If you select an incorrect drive,
data or programs can be written over.
- Replace FRUs only for the correct model.
When you replace the FRU, make sure the model of the machine
and FRU part number are correct by referring to the parts list.
- FRUs should not be replaced because of a single, un-reproducible
failure. Single failures can occur from a variety of reasons
that have nothing to do with a hardware defect such as:
cosmic radiation, electrostatic discharge, or software errors.
FRU replacement should only be considered when
a recurring problem exists.
If this is suspected, clear the error log and run the test again.
Do not replace any FRUs if log errors do not reappear.
- Be careful not to replace a non-defective FRU
For TP 2625-365X, XD - 2635-380/385 and 9548/49-TP 770 you should read:
For TP 2600 - 310, 310D, 310E or 310ED you should read:
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.