Keyboard or Auxiliary Input Device Checkout (765D-9546 765L-9547)
Keyboard or Auxiliary Input Device Checkout
Remove the external keyboard if the internal keyboard is to be tested.
If the internal keyboard does not work or an unexpected character
make sure that the flexible cable extending
from the keyboard are correctly seated in the connector
on the keyboard card.
If the keyboard cable connection is correct,
check the DSP card see 'DSP Card or ESS Card' or Audio (ESS) card
see 'Audio (ESS) Card Checkout (765L)'
If the test do not detect a keyboard problem, run the keyboard test by
doing the following:
- Go to the diagnostic menu screen by selecting Test in
the Easy-Setup screen.
- Press Ctrl+A to enter the advanced diagnostic mode.
- Press Ctrl+K, a layout of the keyboard appears on the screen.
- Check that when each key is pressed, the key's position on the keyboard layout on the screen
changes to a black square.
NOTE: When a Fn key is pressed, a black square briefly appears.
- Press Ctrl+Pause to end the test.
If the test detect a keyboard problem, do the following one at a time
to correct the problem. Do not replace a nondefective FRU
- Reseat the keyboard card cable.
- Replace the keyboard card cable.
- Replace the keyboard card assembly.
- Replace the video card.
- Replace the system board.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.