Running the Diagnostics (765D-9546 765L-9547)
How to Run the Diagnostics
Use either the TrackPoint III or the cursor move keys to interact
with the tests. The Enter key works the same as selecting the OK icon to
NOTE: Make sure you have the following tools available before starting
- Wrap Plug (P/N 72X8546) for the serial and parallel connector tests.
- Test Card (P/N 35G4703) for the PCMCIA tests.
- Scratch diskette for the FDD1 or FDD2 tests.
- Any data CD for the CD-ROM drive test.
- Press and hold the F1 key, then power on the computer.
Hold the F1 key down until the Easy-Setup screen appears.
- Select Test and press Enter.
- Select a device and press Enter to run the test.
The test progress screen appears.
OK appears when the test ends without any errors.
- Start the Advanced Diagnostic test by pressing
Ctrl+A on the basic diagnostic menu screen.
- Select Tool to install the tools.
- Select a device, press the Spacebar and
install the tool. Multiple devices can be selected by repeating
A OK mark appears beside the selected devices.
- Select OK and press Enter
if the selection is OK.
- Select a device and press Enter to start the tests.
- Select Test All to test all devices.
- Select Loop Test to run the tests in a repeated loop.
A loop option menu appears in which a device loop or all-device
loop can be selected.
Select a device and press the Spacebar to select
a device. Repeat this step to select multiple devices.
Press Enter to start the diagnostic loop. If no device is selected,
all device tests are looped.
- To exit the loop,
keep pressing Ctrl+Pause until the test exits.
A beep sounds to notify
that the exit interrupt is sensed
by the test program.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.