Keyboard and External Input Device Checkout (2600-310/310D/310E/310ED)
Keyboard and External Input Device Checkout
NOTE: If an external keyboard is attached, remove it if the internal keyboard is to be tested.
If the internal keyboard does not work or an unexpected character
make sure that the flexible cable extending
from the keyboard are correctly seated in the connector
on the keyboard connection board on the system board.
If the test do not detect a keyboard problem, run the keyboard test by
doing the following:
- Boot from the diagnostics diskette and start the PQA program (please refer to 'Running PQA Diagnostics Program')
- Go to the diagnostic menu screen, select Keyboard test and press F2 in the test items.
- Check that when each key is pressed, the key's position on the keyboard layout on the screen
changes to a black square.
NOTE: Press Y+Enter to exit the test.
If the test detect a keyboard problem, do the following one at a time
to correct the problem. Do not replace a non-defective FRU
- Ensure the keyboard switch is correctly set
- Reseat the keyboard flexible cables
- Replace the keyboard connection board
- Replace the keyboard card assembly.
- Replace the system board.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.