CD-ROM Drive Test (2600-310/310D/310E/310ED)
CD-ROM Drive Test
Do the following to isolate the problem to a controller, drive, or CD-ROM.
Make sure that the CD-ROM does not have more than one
label attached to it. The label can cause damage to the drive or can cause the
drive to fail.
Do the following to select the test device:
- Boot from the diagnostics diskette and start the PQA program (please refer to
'Running PQA Diagnostics Program')
- Go to the diagnostic CD-ROM in the test items.
- Press F2 in the test items.
- Follow the instructions in the message window.
If an error occurs, reseat the connector on the system board.
If the error still remains:
- Reseat the CD-ROM cable.
- Replace the CD-ROM drive.
- Replace the system board.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.