Checking the AC Adapter (2600-310/310D/310E/310ED)
Checking the AC Adapter
You are here because the computer fails only when the AC Adapter
If the power-on indicator does not turn on, make sure of the following:
- Power cord is not damaged.
- Power cord is securely connected to the AC Adapter and AC power outlet.
If the above check does not solve the problem, replace the AC Adapter.
If the power-on indicator of the AC Adapter is on, then proceed to the next step.
- Unplug the AC Adapter cable from the computer and
measure the output voltage at the plug of the AC Adapter cable.
||+19.0 to +20.5
- Replace the system board.
- If the problem is still not corrected, go to 'Undetermined Problems'
- If the voltage is not correct, go to the next step.
- Unplug the AC Adapter cable from the ac power outlet and wait
five minutes or longer to allow the over-voltage protection circuit
to be fully discharged and initialized.
- Plug the AC Adapter cable into the ac power outlet.
- Measure the output voltage of the AC Adapter.
- If the voltage is still not correct, replace the AC Adapter.
NOTE: An audible noise from the
AC Adapter does not always indicate a defective adapter.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.