FRU Removals and Replacements (2600-310/310D/310E/310ED)
FRU Removals and Replacements
See > Setting Inverter ID
This section contains information about removals and replacements.
Before removing any FRU, power-off the computer,
unplug all power cords from electrical outlets, remove the battery pack, and then disconnect any interconnecting cables.
Handling ESD sensitive parts
Before the computer is powered-on after FRU replacement see
- Do not damage any parts. Only certified and trained personnel should
service the computer.
- The arrows in this section show the direction of movement to remove a FRU,
or to turn a screw to release the FRU. The arrows are marked in numeric order, in square callouts, to show the correct
sequence of removal.
- Any FRUs that must be removed in order to remove the failing FRU are listed at the top of the page.
- To replace a FRU, reverse the removal procedure and follow any notes that pertain to replacement. See
'Locations' for internal cable connections and arrangement information.
- When replacing a FRU, use the correct screw size, as shown in the procedure.
The battery pack contains small amounts of nickel. Do not disassemble it, throw it into fire or water, or short-circuit it.
Dispose of the battery pack as required by local ordinances or regulations.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.