DIMMs are available for increasing memory capacity.
The memory size is displayed in kilobytes.
576 KB is reserved by the system, so you can calculate the memory size
by the following equation:
[total memory size (MB)] * 1024 - 576 (KB)
For example, if the total memory size is 64 MB, it is displayed as 64960 KB.
Memory errors might stop systems operations, show error messages on the screen, or hang the system.
Use the following procedure to isolate memory problems:
- Power off the computer and remove any installed DIMM from its slots.
NOTE: If the computer has a base memory slot and option memory slots,
remove any DIMMs installed in the option memory slots.
- Press and hold the F1 key, then power on the computer. Hold the F1 key down until the
Easy-Setup menu appears.
- Select Test and press Enter
- Select Memory and press Enter to run the memory test on base memory.
See 'Running the Diagnostics' for details.
If an error appears:
- If the computer don't have the base memory slot, replace the system board.
- If the computer has the base memory slot, remove the DIMM installed in the base memory slot
and go to step 2. Then if an error appears, replace the system board.
If an error does not appear, continue the following procedures.
- Power off the computer and reinstall the DIMM one by one, then power on the computer. Verify the memory size, then
replace the DIMM.
NOTE: Make sure the DIMM is fully installed into the connector.
A loose connection can cause an error.
- If the problem is not corrected, replace the following FRU.
- System board
- CPU card
If memory problems occur intermittently, use the loop option to repeat the test. When the test detects an error, an
error log is printed on the printer connected to the parallel port. See
'Displaying the Error Log' for more information.
FLASH Memory Update
System setup programs and diagnostic tests are stored in FLASH memory. A FLASH memory update
is required for the following conditions:
- New versions of system programs
- New features or options
To update the FLASH memory, do the following:
- Get the appropriate diskette containing the update.
- Insert the System Program Service Diskette into drive A, and
power on the computer with ac power and a fully charged battery.
- Select Update system programs from the menu.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.