System Board and CPU Card Checkout (TP 380XD, 385XD - 2635)
System Board and CPU Card Checkout
The system board and the CPU Card FRUs perform the operation on the computer.
Processor problems can be caused by either FRU. Generally,
the CPU card has a lower failure rate.
If a numeric code indicates the system board or the CPU card
as failing, do the following procedure to isolate the problem:
- Run the system board test to verify the symptom. This test verifies
both the system board and the CPU card.
If no error is detected, return to 'Undetermined Problems'.
NOTE: Do not touch the keyboard and the pointing device when the system board is being tested.
This may cause unexpected errors.
- If FRU code 10 appears, replace the system board but do not replace
the CPU card.
Transfer the CPU card from the old system board to the new system board.
- If FRU code 11 appears, reseat the CPU card.
- Rerun the test to verify the fix.
- If FRU code 11 remains, replace the CPU card.
If this procedure does not correct the problem, go to
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.