TrackPoint III Checkout (TP 380XD, 385XD, 380Z - 2635)
TrackPoint (III) Checkout
If the TrackPoint (III) does not work, do the following:
- Run the ThinkPad Configuration program and check if the configuration of the TrackPoint III is enabled.
- If it is not, select Enable and enable it.
- If you still have a problem, continue to the next step.
Drifting Pointer There may be cases when the pointer drifts for a short while on the screen. This is
not a hardwareproblem. This movement can occur when a slight, steady pressure is applied to the TrackPoint III pointer.
No service action needs be taken.
- Go to the 'Easy-Setup menu'.
- Move to an item with the TrackPoint.
- Press either the left or the right click button.
- Verify that both buttons work correctly.
- Move to another item with the TrackPoint.
- Press the TrackPoint (Press-to-Select).
- Verify that the item is selected.
- If the problem still persits, do the following one at a time:
Do not replace a nondefective FRU.
- Reseat the TrackPoint (III) cable.
- Replace the keyboard.
- Replace the DC/DC card.
- Replace the system board.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.