Hibernation Mode (TP 380XD, 385XD - 2635)
For the Windows NT User Windows NT users cannot create a hibernation file in a system that
uses the NTFS format system (the default format). If you want to use hibernation mode, you should reinstall
Windows NT with a FAT format system.
NOTE: Before using hibernation mode, you need a hibernation file.
In hibernation mode the following occurs.
- The system status, RAM, VRAM, and setup data are stored on the hard disk.
- The system is powered off.
NOTE: The computer cannot enter hibernation mode if it is being powered by ac power and a
communication PC Card is used.
The following events cause the computer to enter hibernation mode:
- Hibernation mode is requested by the Fn key (Fn+F12)
- Timer conditions are satisfied in suspend mode.
- A critical low battery condition occurs.
- The PS2 HIBernation command is set in the ThinkPad Configuration program.
The computer exits hibernation mode and resumes operation when the power-on switch is pressed.
When power is turned on, the hibernation file in the boot record on the hard disk is
recognized and system status is restored from the hard disk drive.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.