System Board and CPU Mini-Cartridge Checkout (TP 560Z - 2640)
System Board and CPU Mini-Cartridge Checkout
The system board and the CPU mini-cartridge FRUs
perform the operation on the computer. Processor
problems can be caused by either FRU. Generally, the
CPU mini-cartridge has a lower failure rate. If a numeric
code indicates the system board or the CPU mini-cartridge
as failing, do the following procedure to isolate the
- Run the system board test to verify the symptom.
This test verifies both the system board and the CPU
mini-cartrige. If no error is detected, return to
NOTE: Do not touch the keyboard and the pointing
device when the system board is being tested.
This might cause unexpected errors.
- If FRU code 10 appears, replace the system board,
but do not replace the CPU mini-cartrige. Transfer
the CPU mini-cartrige from the old system board to
the new system board.
- If FRU code 11 appears, reseat the CPU mini-cartridge.
- Rerun the test to verify the fix.
- If FRU code 11 remains, replace the CPU mini-cartridge.
If this procedure does not correct the problem, go to 'Undetermined Problems'.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.