How to Disable the Password (TP 240-2609)
How to Disable the Password
There are three passwords used at a typical customer site:
the Supervisor Password, the HDD password, and the Power On password.
- Power On password.
- Power off the computer.
- Remove the battery pack and AC Adapter.
- Open the keyboard and disconnect the keyboard connector from the system
board, see 'Keyboard'.
- Short the jumper JP1. See the following figure:
- Close the keyboard.
- Power on the computer and wait until POST ends.
- Verify that the password prompt does not appear.
- Supervisor and HDD passwords.
The Supervisor Password and HDD password are security features that are used to
protect the system and the hard disk drive data from unauthorized access.
No overriding capability is provided, so it cannot be replaced if they are forgotten.
- If the customer forgets the Supervisor Password, the system board must be replaced.
- If the customer forgets the HDD password, the hard disk drive must be replaced.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.