Overall FRU Structure (TP 570 - 2644)
The following table shows the applicable test for each FRU.
1. CPU/Coprocessor (Diagnostics)
2. Systemboard (Diagnostics)
1. Video Adapter (Diagnostics)
2. Video (Interactive Tests)
1. Make sure the modem sets up correctly.
2. Replacing the modem jack and modem card one at a time, run
the modem test in Other Devices (Diagnostics)
1. Stereo Speaker (Interactive Tests)
° System beeper:
-- Internal Speaker (Interactive Tests)
° Speaker of the UltraBase:
-- Stereo Speaker (Interactive Tests)
PC Card slots
1. Keyboard (Diagnostics)
2. Keyboard (Interactive Test)
If the TrackPoint does not work, check the configuration in the ThinkPad
Configuration program. If the configuration of the TrackPoint is disabled,
select Enable to enable it.
After you use the TrackPoint, the pointer drifts on the screen for a short
time. This self-acting pointer movement can occur when a slight, steady pressure
is applied to the TrackPoint pointer. This symptom is not a hardware problem.
No service actions are necessary if the pointer movement stops in a short period
If this does not correct the TrackPoint problem, continue with the following.
° Mouse (Interactive Tests)
Hard disk drive
Fixed Disks (Diagnostics)
1. Diskette Drive (Diagnostics)
2. Diskette (Interactive Tests)
CD-ROM or DVD
CD-ROM/DVD (Interactive Tests)
drive (in the
Joystick (Interactive Tests)
1. If a DIMM is installed, remove it and run Memory Test - Quick (Diagnostics).
2. If the problem does not recur, replace the DIMM and run the test again.
3. If the test does not detect the error, run Memory Test - Full (Diagnostics).
1. Start Windows 98 and check the air turbulence at the louver near the power switch.
2. Run the fan test in Other Devices (Diagnostics)
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.