Removing the ROM/DRAM Card (WP z50 - 2608)
Removing the ROM/DRAM Card
Note: Before removing the ROM/DRAM card, back up all data and applications
in the base memory.
All data and installed applications will be lost by removing the ROM/DRAM card.
The ROM needs to be reinstalled before starting the POST or running Windows CE.
-Caution- Before removing the ROM/DRAM card, all power
sources (AC power, the main battery pack, and the backup batteries) must be removed.
Follow these instructions when removing the ROM/DRAM card:
- Turn off the WorkPad z50.
- Disconnect AC power.
- Turn the WorkPad z50 upside down.
- Rermove the main battery and remove the backup batteries.
- Unscrew the single (captive) screw that secures the ROM/DRAM card compartment cover to the chassis.
Remove the cover.
- Using your fingers or a small screwdriver, press out the two latches on the sides ot the card
away from the slots.
The ROM/DRAM card should pop out slightly.
Removing the DRAM and ROM Cards
Pull the tabs in the direction ot the arrows to release the cards.
- Gently pull out the card.
- Replace the ROM/DRAM card cover over the memory slot, aligning the back side of the cover first,
then tighten the screw.
- Attach the main battery and insert the backup batteries.
- Turn the WorkPad z50 topside up. Connect the AC Adapter and cables, then turn on the WorkPad z50.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.