Two media bays support 8-bit, 4mm tape drives.
Five hot-swap bays support 1.1 GB, 2.2GB and 4.5GB single-ended SCSI-2 disk drives
mounted on easily removable carriers.
Each carrier contains the following features, as shown at the bottom of the 'illustration'.
- A pushbutton power switch that allows power to be removed from and returned to the disk drive.
- A green light to indicate that power is beeing supplied to the disk drive. (The green light will
flash if the power switch on the carrier is pushed off or if the cooling fan is malfunctioning.)
- A yellow light to indicate that the 3517 is connected to the system and the disk drive is available.
- A latch to lock the disk drive into the hot-swap bay to maintain connection with the bus. (The carrier is locked into
the bus when the latch is in the horizontal position.)
- Low voltage (115 volts setting)
- High voltage (230 volts setting)
The 3517 can be attached to any PC Server that supports a SCSI-2 adapter.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.