Defining a Hot-Spare Drive (ServeRAID)
Defining a Hot-Spare Drive
You can define a hot-spare drive from the Create/Delete Array/Log. Drive menu or the Rebuild/Device Management
menu (see 'Defining the State of a Drive').
To define a drive as a hot-spare drive from the Create/Delete Array/Log. Drive menu:
- Start the RAID configuration program 'Starting the ServeRAID Configuration Program'
- Select Create/Delete Array/Log. Drive
from the Main Menu. The following screen appears.
- Select Define/Undefine Hot-spare Drive.
The cursor will become active in the Bay/Array selection list.
- Use the Up Arrow ( ) key or the Down
( ) key to highlight the RDY
you want to define as the hot spare, then
press Enter. The
RDY changes to HSP (hot spare). You can
press Enter again to toggle
between HSP and
- Press Esc when you have finished. The cursor
will become active in the Create/Delete Array/Log. Drive
- If you want to create a disk array, go to 'Creating a Disk Array'.
- If you are finished:
- Select Exit or press Esc.
A pop-up window will appear asking you to confirm your change.
The changes you make are not saved until you
by selecting Yes in the Confirm pop-up window.
- Select No if you do not want the
drive you selected to be a hot spare,
select Yes to define it as a hot-spare drive.
- Back up the disk-array
configuration information to diskette.
Refer to 'Backing Up the Disk-Array'
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.