Running RAID Subsystem Diagnostic Tests (ServeRAID)
Running RAID Subsystem Diagnostic Tests
The ServeRAID Subsystem Diagnostic program provides several utility programs that allow you to test the ServeRAID adapter and the devices connected to it.
To run the RAID diagnostic utility programs, do the following steps.
- Start the ServeRAID configuration program (see 'Starting the ServeRAID Configuration Program')
- Select Advanced Functions from the Main Menu.
- Select IBM RAID Subsystem Diagnostic
- Select the diagnostic test that you want to run and press Enter
Run Adapter Self-Test runs diagnostic tests on the ServeRAID adapter.
- SCSI Device Self-test runs diagnostic tests on the SCSI devices attached to the ServeRAID adapter.
- Drive Media Test verifies that all sectors on a hard disk drive can be accessed. The drive must be in the RDY or HSP state.
- Format Drive performs a low-level format on a hard disk drive. For more information, see 'Formatting Drives'
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.