Installing the ServeRAID II Adapter for a High-Availability Cluster Solution
Chapter 4. Installing the ServeRAID II Adapter for a High-Availability Cluster Solution Using Vinca and Novell IntranetWare
To install a high-availability cluster solution, you must first configure the ServeRAID II adapter, define
logical drives, and set up Merge IDs.
To do this, perform the following procedure.
-Important- Before beginning this procedure, read the following information.
- Read 'ServeRAID II Considerations'.
- Use the following diskettes together, in the same version, with the high-availability cluster solution:
- IBM PC ServeRAID Configuration Diskette
- IBM PC ServeRAID Device Driver and Utilities Diskette
- IBM PC ServeRAID Administration and Monitoring Utility Diskette
- IBM BIOS/Firmware Update Diskette for your server
Note: Ensure that the ServeRAID II adapters have the latest BIOS/Firmware installed.
You must use Version 2.4, or higher, as a minimum. If you are using Microsoft Cluster Server, ensure that
you use a version that has been certified by Microsoft as noted on the following Web site.
Refer to this Web site to download the latest level.
For instructions on how to determine the versions of the BIOS/Firmware on your ServeRAID II
adapter, refer to the documentation that is included with your server or your adapter.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.