IML and IPL Errors
You are here because the system detects an Initial Machine Load (IML) problem
or an Initial Program Load (IPL) problem. You can correct most of these
errors without replacing any FRUs. IML/IPL problems are associated with the
- An I999XXXX error is displayed.
- The computer powered-on without a POST error, but the operating system
does not work.
- The system starts up in BASIC.
IML and IPL errors can be caused by any of the following conditions:
- Invalid selectable drive startup sequence (the default drive is not in the
- Operating system not found.
- IML code not found
- Related hardware failure (SCSI adapter, hard disk, SCSI cable)
- Unrelated hardware failure (misleading error code due to another problem
on the SCSI Bus).
Miscellaneous Undocumented PS/2 Error Codes
|20604 during POST
||1. Image Adapter/A defect
| (Machine is working correct
| run Diagnostic is OK)
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.