Symptom-to-FRU Index 62xx/65xx/68xx and 2134-2176 Aptiva
The Symptom-to-FRU Index lists error symptoms and possible causes. The most likely cause is
listed first. Always begin with 'General Checkout' (Type 62XX/65XX/68XX)
This index can also be used to help you decide which FRU to have available when servicing a computer.
If you are unable to correct the problem using this index, go to 'Undetermined Problem'.
- If you have both an error message and incorrect audio response, diagnose the error message first.
- If you cannot run the diagnostic tests, but did receive a POST error message, diagnose the POST error message.
- If you did not receive any error message, look for a description of your error symptoms.
- Check all power supply voltages before you replace the system board. (See 'Power Supply')
- Check the hard disk drive jumper settings before you replace a hard disk drive. (See 'IDE Hard Disk Drive Jumper Settings'
or 'SCSI-2 F/W Hard Disk Drive Jumper Settings').
- Some errors are indicated with a series of beep codes. (See 'Beep Symptoms')
- The processor is a separate FRU from the system board, the processor is not included with the system board FRU.
(See 'Replacing a System Board').
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.