Thomas-Conrad TC3046-xxx TCNS Adapter/MC Adapter
Thomas-Conrad TC3046-xxx TCNS Adapter/MC
FRU P/N MKT P/N
TC3046-STP (Twisted pair DB9) 72G9980
TC3046-CX (BNC RG62A/U) 72G9970
TC3046-ST (Fiber Optic) 72G9978 72G9978
Supported Media Types (100-Mbps link)
- RG62A/U coaxial (93 Ohm)
- STP (type 1)
- Fiber - optic
Data Interface: 16 or 32-bit Micro Channel bus
Cabling: Coaxial RG-62A/U (93 Ohm) / Shielded Twisted Pair or Fiber Optic
50/125um, 62.5/125um, 85/125um, 100/140um (62.5/125um recommended)
Point-to-Point Cable Distances
For BNC <= 100 meters (328 ft.)
For STP <= 150 meters (492 ft.)
For Fiber <= 900 meters (2950 ft.) when 62.5/125um cable is used
- IBM LANServer (DOS and OS/2)
- MS Lan Manager
- Windows for Workgroups v3.11 (incl.in Operating System)
- Netware Server (V2.12, V2.15-V2.22, V3.11-V4.10)
- Netware OS/2 Requester workstation
- Netware IPX linkable workstation
- Netware ODI workstation
- Windows NT V3.5 (incl.in Operating System)
- Netware SFT III (V3.11, V4.10) Mirrored Server Link
Network Interface: TCNS protocol
Interrupts: 3, 5, 7, (2)9, 10, 11, 12, 15
Base Memory (hex) Addresses: C000, C400, C800, CC00, D000, D400, D800 and DC00
ADF - file = @64B7.ADF
2.9 @ +5V, typical
Operating Temperature: 0°C to 50°C (Storage -45°C to 80°C)
- Make sure the working copy of your PS/2 Reference Diskette is in Drive A:. Turn the computer ON.
- Configuration is initiated when your computer powers up. Follow the instructions on your screen for
any preliminary actionthat might be required (such as pressing >Enter> or another key), then proceed with the next step.
- The message Automatically configure the system ? yes/no appears. Answer NO
Do not select automatic configuration. Automatic configuration
of the TC3064 adapter will result in an unknown memory base and conflicting Node ID setting, which will disable your TCNS network.
- Select copy an Option Diskette from your system menu.
- A message appears on your screen telling you to insert an option diskette. Remove the PS/2 Reference Diskette and insert the Thomas Conrad TCNS Drivers and Tools diskette
and press <Enter>. The computer will automatically copy the set-up information for the TC3046 adapter into RAM.
- Remove the Thomas Conrad diskette and insert the PS/2 Reference Diskette in the diskette drive as prompted.
- Follow the instructions on your screen to exit the copy routine and return to the menu.
Adapter Activity LED
The TC3046 end bracket has a status LED that facilitates network troubleshooting and maintenance.
Once the TC3046 is installed, the red activity LED becomes operational. When data is being transmitted or received, the
activity LED is on. A blinking activity LED indicates a bad cable connection.
Thomas Conrad Support 1908-R Kramer Lane Austin, Texas 78758
U.S.A. (800) 332-8683 International (512) 836-1935
Canada (800) 654-3822 CompuServe GO TCCFORUM
Europe (49) 211-5048781 BBS (512) 836-8012
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.