IBM Token-Ring-Network 16/4 Adapter II
IBM Token-Ring-Network 16/4 Adapter II
Auto 16/4 Token-Ring ISA Adapter FRU Parts
FRU P/N 78G9645 IBM Token-Ring-Network 16/4 Adapter II
OPT P/N 03F0273 IBM Token-Ring-Network 16/4 Adapter II
Contents of the Adapter Kit:
1.44MB and 1.2MB Diagnostic Diskette (incl. Adapterfile for LAPS)
The IBM Token-Ring-Network 16/4 Adapter II allows you to attach IBM Personal Computer systems, or IBM compatible computers AT
or IBM Industriecomputers and IBM PS/2 (models with PC-E/A-Bus).
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
--------+ ----+ | | | ----+ | |
| | | | | | | +- On = STP
| | | | | | | Off = UTP
| | | | | | |
| | | | | | +- On = 4 Mbps
| | | | | | Off = 16 Mbps
| | | | | |
| | | | | +-- On On = DMA 5
| | | | | Off On = DMA 6
| | | | | On Off = DMA 7
| | | | | Off Off = do not use
| | | | |
| | | | +-- On = RPL inactive
| | | | Off = RPL active
| | | |
| | | +-- On = Normal Operation
| | | Off = reserved
| | |
| | +-- On = Standard Unit (Busspeed < 10 MHz)
| | Off = Fast Unit ( -"- > 10 MHz)
| +-- On On = IRQ 9
| Off On = IRQ 10
| On Off = IRQ 11
| Off Off = IRQ 15
| RPL-ROM-Addr E/A-Base-addr.
+-- On On On C0000 86A0
Off On On C4000 96A0
On Off On C8000 A6A0
Off Off On CC000 B6A0
On On Off D0000 C6A0
Off On Off D4000 D6A0
On Off Off D8000 E6A0
Off Off Off DC000 F6A0
OS/2 NDIS Device Driver Additional Information
(IBM16TR.OS2 Version 2.00.05)
IBM16TR.OS2 Version 2.00.05 contains the following enhancements to the
original IBM16TR.OS2 driver version 1.00.06
- Support for IBM's LAN Network Manager
- LAN Network Manager can now operate in a machine using this adapter
to view/manage the network.
- Support for IBM's LAN Station Manager
- Support for Remote Program Load of OS/2 based workstation
Default Switch Setting
The Token-Ring Network 16/4 Adapter II is shipped with all
switches set to "ON" which means a default setting of:
RPL ROM ADDRESS : C0000
I/O ADDRESS : 86A0
INTERRUPT LEVEL : 9
WAIT STATE : NORMAL MACHINE
ADAPTER MODE : NORMAL
RPL : DISABLE
DMA CHANNEL : 5
ADAPTER DATA RATE: 4 MBPS
CABLE TYPE : STP
The IBM Token-Ring Network 16/4 Adapter II is supported by the
following OS/2 software:
- IBM Extended Services version 1.0
- IBM Extended Services with Database Server version 1.0
- IBM OS/2 LAN Server version 2.0 Entry
- IBM OS/2 LAN Server version 2.0 Advanced
Installing OS/2 NDIS Device Drivers
The OS/2 NDIS Device Driver is needed to run in an OS/2 LAN
Services environment or an OS/2 Extended Services environment.
The option diskette contains the OS/2 NDIS Device Driver under
the name IBM16TR.OS2.
You can use the OS/2 device driver installation tool, the LAN
Services installation/configuration program, to install the OS/2
NDIS Device Driver. Refer to the 'IBM Extended Services for OS/2
2.0 LAN Adapter and Protocol Support Configuration' guide or the
'IBM Operating System/2 Local Area Network Server Network
Administrator Reference Volume 1: Planning and Installation'
(Version 2.0) guide for instructions on using the LAN Services
Following is a description of the major steps to be followed independent of
the type of software mentioned above. Where the instructions ask to "select" an
option, do it by means of either clicking the mouse on the button/option
or doing it via Keyboard if no Mouse is installed.
Where you find references to the IBM Token-Ring Network 16/4
Adapter II Diagnostic Diskette, either the 3.5" or 5.25" one, provided
with the adapter can be used.
- Starting from "LAN Services" window, select "OS/2 Lan Services
Installation/Configuration", and then, select "OK".
- Next, in the "Basic or Advanced Installation/Configuration",
- Then the "Install Type" window is opened. Select "Install or
configure this workstation" option in this window.
- The following window is "Server Type". You can choose between
"Additional server" and "Domain controller".
- When you reach the "Installation and Configuration" window,
select "Configure a component".
- In the "Configure" window, select "LAN Adapter and Protocol
- Then select "Copy additional network adapter drivers" in the
- The next OS/2 window requests the path (drive:directory) where
the OS/2 NDIS Device Driver files will be copied from. Type
"d:\OS2", where "d:" is the diskette drive with the option
diskette and press "ENTER" to copy the files from the diskette.
After this, you will return to the "Configure" window.
- In the "Configure" window, select "Configure Workstations",
then select "OK". The "Configure Workstation" window is shown.
- Select the IBM Token-Ring Network 16/4 Adapter II
in the "Network Adapter" field, then select "ADD".
- Select in the "Protocols Field" whatever is appropriate to
your system installation.
- Select the "EDIT" option in the "Current Configuration" field
to show all the default values for the configurable parameters
of the IBM Token-Ring Network 16/4 Adapter II.
MAKE SURE the "Adapter I/O Base Address" reflects
the address set up done when installing the adapter into your
system. Refer to the Installation and Test Instructions, provided with the
adapter, section " Setting the Switches " if necessary.
(or see the a:\readme file on this diskette)
- Save the options selecting "OK". Returning to the "Configure
Workstations" window will do the same.
- The installation is ended. Note: If you need to change the Device
Driver directory MANUALLY anytime, make sure to copy the IBM16TR.OS2,
BRZH.MSG and BRZ.MSG files.
End of installation.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.