Undetermined Problems (8551)
You are here because the diagnostics tests did not identify the
Check the power supply in use (see 'Power Systems Checkout'.
If the power supply is operating correctly, return here and continue
with the following procedure.
- Power-off the computer.
- Remove or disconnect one of the following devices or adapter:
(Do not isolate FRUs that are known to be good.)
- Non-IBM devices
- Modem, printer, mouse, or other external device
- Memory module kit
- Hard disk drive (fixed disk drive)
- Communications cartridge
- Any adapter and device
- Power-on the computer and start the system program.
- Press Ctrl+.A to run the system
checkout. Do not configure the computer. If diagnostics cannot be loaded
from the hard disk, try and load them from the Reference
Diskette. Test only those adapters and devices still attached to the
- If the symptom remains, repeat steps 1 through 3 until you find
the failing FRU or until all FRUs have been removed.
- If all of the FRUs listed have been removed and the problem remains,
replace the system board.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.