Power-on Password (8551)
To service a computer with an active, unknown, power-on password, do
- Power-off the computer and unplug the power cord.
- Remove the bottom cover and the battery pack.
- Locate the override connector on the system board.
- Install a jumper over the pins as shown.
- Power-on the computer to erase the password.
- After POST completes, remove the jumper. Otherwise, you will
not be able to reset a power-on password.
To reactivate the password, start the system programs, select
Set features from the Main Menu, then select Set
password and unattended start mode, and follow the instructions
on the screen.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.