Symptom-to-FRU Index (3550)
The Symptom-to-FRU Index lists error symptoms and possible
causes. The most likely cause is listed first.
Always begin with 'General Checkout (3550-001)' or
''General Checkout (3550-002)''.
This index also can be used to help you decide which FRUs to have
available when servicing the 3550 Expansion Unit.
If you cannot correct the problem using this index,
go to 'Undetermined Problem'.
- Before replacing any SCSI devices, verify
that there are no duplicate SCSI ID settings.
- If you have both an error message and an
incorrect audio response, diagnose the error message first.
- If you cannot run the advanced diagnostic tests, but did receive a
POST error message, diagnose the POST error message.
- If you did not receive an error message,
look for a description of your
error symptoms in the first part of this index.
- Check all power supply voltages before you
replace the system board of the 3550 Expansion Unit. (See 'Power Systems Checkout'.)
- If an error message is not listed,
there is a device installed that requires an additional diskette or
Refer to the diskette or the service manual for that device.
In the 'Numeric Error Codes' index, X in an error message can be
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.