How to Run the Audio Test (3546)
How to Run the Audio Test
.Use the following procedure to run the audio tests.
- Turn off the computer.
- Insert the maintenance diskette into
diskette drive A and turn on power.
- Select the Audio Diagnostics from the main menu.
- Select Tests from the menu bar and press Enter.
- Select All tests from the pull-down menu and press
Run options are set to test once and stop on error as defaults.
Other options can be selected by the pull-down menu of
- Follow the instructions that
appear on the screen to proceed with the tests.
- If the tests end without detecting any error,
the 'All tests passed OK' message appears.
- If an error is detected, the FRU code and error description message
Go to 'FRU Codes' and replace the FRU.
- To exit the test screen, press Esc.
- If an instruction to plug the external loop cable
appears, connect it between the microphone/line jack of the computer
and the headphone jack of Dock II.
- If an instruction to plug the headphone appears,
connect it to the headphone jack of Dock II.
- Volume Control Test does not work when the
computer is docked to Dock II.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.