Power Supply (Aptiva 2170/71/72/74/87/90 - SL-A)
001 - START
-ATTENTION- Check the Power Override switch,
situated at the back of the machine, just above the connector for the power cable.
If this switch is activated (switched to on), no power will be supplied to the system.
- Power off (unplug) the system unit. Check the power cord for continuity.
Replace if necessary.
- Check for the correct line voltage from the power outlet, and verify that the
voltage selector switch (if present) is set to the correct voltage.
- Power on the system unit.
002 - DOES THE POWER SUPPLY FAN RUN? (YES, GO TO STEP 003. NO, GO TO STEP 004.)
003 - DOES THE SYSTEM FAIL TO SHUT OFF WHEN THE ON/OFF SWITCH IS PRESSED?
(YES, READ AHEAD. NO, GO TO STEP 005.)
- You might have a damaged on/off switch cable assembly.
- Disconnect the on/off switch cable assembly connector from the power supply connector
and take an ohm reading.
- Go to step 007.
- Disconnect the power cord from the back of the system unit.
- Disconnect all power and switch cable connectors from the system board and the power supply.
- Disconnect the power connectors to all drives.
- Connect any one of the power connector to system board or drive as power load for driving up power supply.
- Reconnect the power cord and turn on the power supply.
005 - DOES THE POWER SUPPLY FAN RUN? (YES, READ AHEAD. NO, GO TO STEP 009)
- With the system powered on and the power supply fan running, check the voltages of the power supply
connectors for the system board and all drive connectors, as shown in the
ATX power connector
006 - ARE THE VOLTAGES CORRECT AND DOES THE FAN RUN?
(YES, READ AHEAD. NO, GO TO STEP 009.)
- The power supply is working normally.
- If you suspect the on/off switch cable assembly, see Step 003.
- If the fan continues to run when all connectors are plugged back in, go to
See 'Undetermined Problems'.
- If the fan stops running when a drive connector is plugged back in, go to 'Start'.
007 - DO YOU HAVE AN OHM READING WHEN THE SWITCH IS PRESSED AND AN OPEN READING
WHEN THE SWITCH IS RELEASED? (YES, READ AHEAD. NO, GO TO STEP 008.)
- Replace the on/off switch cable assembly.
- Replace the system board.
- Replace the power supply.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.