Undetermined Problems (9546, 9547)
You are here because the diagnostic tests did not identify
which adapter or device failed, installed devices are incorrect,
a short circuit is suspected, or the system is inoperative.
Follow the procedures below to isolate the failing
FRU (do not isolate nondefective FRUs).
Verify that all attached devices are supported by the computer.
the power supply being used at the time of the failure is operating
(See 'Power Systems Checkout'.)
- Power-off the computer.
- Check the cables, wires, and connectors for
short circuits and open circuits. Visually check them for damage.
If any problems are found, replace the FRU.
- Remove or disconnect all of the following devices:
- Non-IBM devices
- Devices attached to the expansion bus connector
- Printer, mouse, and other external devices
- Battery pack
- Hard disk drive
- Diskette drive/CD-ROM drive
or the device attached in the UltraBay.
- DIMM card
- PC Cards
- Power-on the computer.
- Determine if the problem has changed.
- If the problem does not occur again,
reconnect the removed devices one
at a time until you find the failing FRU.
- If the problem remains, replace the following FRUs one at a time.
Do not replace a nondefective FRU.
- DC/DC card
- Video card
- Keyboard card
- LCD assembly
- System board
- DSP card or audio (ESS) card
- CPU card
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.