Undetermined Problems (TP 600/600E - 2645)
You are here because the diagnostic tests did not identify
which adapter or device failed, installed devices are incorrect,
a short circuit is suspected, or the system is inoperative.
Follow the procedures below to isolate the failing
FRU (do not replace nondefective FRUs).
Verify that all attached devices are supported by the computer.
the power supply being used at the time of the failure is operating
See 'Power Systems Checkout'.
- Power off the computer.
- Visually check them for damage. If any problems are found,
replace the FRU.
- Remove or disconnect all of the following devices:
- Non-IBM devices
- Devices attached to the port replicator.
- Printer, mouse, and other external devices
- Battery pack
- Hard disk drive
- External diskette drive
- CD-ROM and diskette drive in the UltraslimBay
- PC Cards
- Power on the computer.
- Determine if the problem has changed.
- If the problem does not recur, reconnect the removed devices
one at a time until you find the failing FRU.
- If the problem remains, replace the following FRUs one at a time.
Do not replace a non-defective FRU.
- System board
- LCD assembly
- CPU card
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.