Undetermined Problems (TP 240 - 2609)
You are here because the diagnostic tests did not identify which adapter or device failed,
which installed devices are incorrect, whether a short circuit is suspected, or whether the system
Follow these procedures to isolate the failing FRU (do not isolate non-defective FRUs).
Verify that the power supply being used at the time of the failure is operating correctly.
(See 'Power System Checkout'.)
- Power off the computer.
- Visually check for damage. If any problems are found, replace the FRU.
- Remove or disconnect all of the following devices:
- Non-IBM devices
- Printer, mouse, and other external devices
- Battery Asm
- Hard disk drive
- PC Cards (PCMCIA)
- Power on the computer.
- Determine if the problem has changed.
- If the problem does not recur, reconnect the removed devices one at a time until you find the failing FRU.
- If the problem remains, replace the following FRUs one at a time. Do not replace a non-defective FRU.
- System board
- LCD panel Asm
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.