Replacing Fans (Hot-Swap) - EXP200 Type 3530 - 1RU, 1RX
Replacing Fans (Hot-Swap)
To Remove Cooling Fans:
- Check the LEDs on the back of the expansion unit.
- Slide the latch left or right to unlock the fan.
- Use the handle (black knob) to pull the fan from the expansion unit.
- Install the new fan by inserting it into the expansion slot and making sure it is seated into the mid plane
connector, rotate the fan 180° if it does not go into the slot.
Slide the latch into the middle position.
- Check the LEDs. If the fault LEDs do not turn off after a few seconds, refer to 'Symptom-to-FRU Index'.
Note: The Fan units are hot swap redundant; however, when one fan fails, the failing fan
unit needs to be replaced within 48 hours in order to maintain redundancy and optimum cooling.
When replacing the failed fan unit, insure that this replacement is performed in less than
10 minutes to prevent any overheating.
If it takes longer than 10 minutes to replace the fan unit, you must shut down the expansion unit to keep the unit
For information on expansion unit shutdown, see 'Performing a Shutdown'.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.