To service Type 8639 computers with an active and unknown power-on password,
power-off the computer and do the following:
This procedure will not remove the Administrator Password.
- Unplug the power cord and remove the top cover.
- Refer to 'System Board (Type 8639)' and locate the
system board type you are servicing. Depending on
the system board, the password is reset by a jumper or
- Move the password jumper to connect the center pin and the pin on the
opposite end of the connector, or, change the switch settings
- Power-on the computer. The system senses the change in the
position and erases the password.
- It is not necessary to move the jumper back
to the previous position.
- It is necessary to reset the switches.
- Remind the user to enter a new password when service is
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.