Read This First
Read This First
This hardware maintenance section contains information for
the IBM ThinkPad 365 computer.
- Only cerified trained personnel should service the computer.
- Read the entire FRU removal and replacement page before replacing any FRU.
- Use new nylon coated screws when you replace FRUs
- Be extremely careful during write operations
such as copying, saving, or formatting.
Drives in the computer that you are servicing
might have been rearranged or the drive startup
sequence might have been altered.
If you select an incorrect drive,
data or programs can be written over.
- Replace FRUs only for the correct model.
When you replace a FRU, make sure the model of the machine
and FRU part number are correct by referring to the parts list.
- A FRU should not be replaced because of a single, un-reproducible
failure. Single failures can occur from a variety of reasons
that have nothing to do with a hardware defect such as
electrostatic discharge or software errors.
FRU replacement should only be considered when
a recurring problem exists.
The servicer must include the following in the
parts exchange form or part return form that is attached to the
- Name and phone number of servicer.
- Date of service.
- Date when part failed.
- Date of purchase.
- Failure symptoms, error codes appearing on display,
and beep symptoms.
- Procedure index and page number in which failing FRU was detected.
- Failing FRU name and part number.
- Machine type, model number, and serial number.
- Customer's name and address.
Before checking problems with the computer, determine whether the damage is
covered under the warranty by referring to 'What to Do First'
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.