Diskette Drive Test (2640)
Diskette Drive Test
Do the following to isolate the problem to a
controller, drive, or diskette. A scratch, write enabled,
non-defective 2HD diskette is required.
FDD-1 represents external diskette drive attached through the external diskette drive
connector. FDD-2 represents the port replicator.
Make sure that the diskette does not have more than one label
attached to it. Multiple labels can cause damage to the drive
or can cause the drive to fail.
- Do following to select the test device:
- Select the advanced diagnostic mode and
select Tool, then
select the FDD-1 or FDD-2 icon
and press the spacebar.
A OK mark appears next to the selected icon.
Insert the blank diskette when instructed.
- Run the diskette drive test.
- If the controller test detects an error, FRU code 10 appears.
Replace the system board.
- If the controller test runs without errors,
the drive read/write tests start automatically.
- If the drive test detects an error, FRU code 50 for FDD-1 or 51
for FDD-2 appears.
If the diskette itself is known to be good, replace the drive.
- If FDD-2 test detects an error, move the drive to the computer's diskette drive connector
directly, if possible, and test it again as FDD-1.
If no errors occur in the FDD-1 position, the drive is not defective.
Go to ''Port Replicator Checkout'' to isolate the problem.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.