Checking the Standby Battery (765D-9546 765L-9547)
Checking the Standby Battery Rechargeable
- Power-off the computer and unplug the AC Adapter
from the computer.
- Open the keyboard, remove the
diskette drive/CD-ROM drive, the battery pack, and the hard disk drive.
- Remove the top cover and keyboard unit.
- Open the keyboard unit and remove the keyboard card.
- Remove the standby battery from the keyboard card.
(Refer to 'Backup Battery, Speaker, Standby Battery' to remove the battery.)
Be careful not to cause a short circuit when measuring
- Measure the voltage of the standby battery.
- If the voltage between red and black
is 3.5 Vdc or greater, the voltage is
Go to step 12 to verify standby battery operation.
- If the voltage is less than 3.5 Vdc, go to the next step.
- Plug the AC Adapter
into the computer and power-on the computer.
- Measure the output voltage at the connector on the keyboard card with
the battery unplugged.
- If the voltage is less than +4.0 Vdc,
replace the DC/DC card. If the voltage is still low, replace the system
- If the voltage is more than +4.0 Vdc, power-off the computer,
replace the standby battery, and go to the next step.
- Ensure that the AC Adapter is plugged into
the computer, then power-on the computer.
- Charging of the standby battery starts immediately.
A depleted battery needs approximately 30
minutes to be recharged to the operational voltage of +3.5 Vdc.
- Unplug the AC Adapter.
- Verify the standby battery function by removing and installing
the battery pack during suspend mode.
Removing and installing the battery pack during suspend mode
should be done within one minute.
If the System does not resume after a charged battery pack is installed,
replace the DC/DC card.
If replacing the DC/DC card does not resolve the problem, replace
the system board.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.