Undetermined Problems (765D-9546 765L-9547)
You are here because the diagnostic tests did not identify
which adapter or device failed, installed devices are incorrect,
a short circuit is suspected, or the system is inoperative.
Follow the procedures below to isolate the failing
FRU (do not replace non-defective FRUs).
Verify that all attached devices are supported by the computer.
the power supply being used at the time of the failure is operating
- Power off the computer.
- Check the cables, wires, and connectors for
short circuits and open circuits. Visually check them for damage.
If any problems are found, replace the FRU.
- Remove or disconnect all of the following devices.
- Non-IBM devices
- Devices attached to the expansion bus connector
- Printer, mouse, and other external devices
- Battery pack
- Hard disk drive
- Internal diskette drive or CD-ROM drive
- PC Cards
- Power on the computer.
- Determine if the problem has changed.
- If the problem does not occur again, reconnect the removed devices
one at a time until you find the failing FRU.
- If the problem remains, replace the following FRUs one at a time.
Do not replace a non-defective FRU.
- DC/DC card
- Video card
- Keyboard card
- LCD assembly
- System board
- DSP card or audio (ESS) card
- CPU card
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.