Keyboard or Auxiliary Input Device Checkout (TP 380XD, 385XD, 380Z - 2635)
Keyboard or Auxiliary Input Device Checkout
Remove any external keyboard before testing the built-in keyboard.
If the keyboard does not work or an unexpected character appears, make sure that the flexible
cable extending from the keyboard is correctly seated in the connector on the DC/DC card.
If the keyboard cable connection is correct, check the DC/DC card.
If the test does not detect a keyboard problem, run the keyboard test by doing the following:
- Go to the diagnostic menu by selecting Test in the Easy-Setup menu.
- Press Ctrll+A to enter to the advanced diagnostic mode.
The ThinkPad FRU Connections window appears. (If Ctrl+A does not work, triple-click on the icon on the
right bottom corner of the basic diagnostic window.)
- Make sure that the keyboard connection is Connected, then press Esc to exit the screen.
A layout of the keyboard appears on the screen.
- Check that when each key is pressed, the key's position on the keyboard layout on the screen changes to a black square.
- NOTE: When the Fn key is pressed, a black square briefly appears.
- Press Ctrl+Pause to end the test.
If the test detect a keyboard problem, do the following one at a time to correct the problem.
Do not replace a nondefective FRU
- Reseat the keyboard cable
- Replace the DC/DC card.
- Replace the keyboard. (380XD only)
- Replace the system board.
The following auxiliary input devices are supported for this computer:
- Numeric keypad
- Mouse (PS/2 compatible)
- External keyboard (with keyboard/mouse cable)
If any of these devices do not work, reseat the cable connector and repeat the failing operation.
If the problem does not recur, recheck the connector. If the problem remains, replace the
device and then the system board.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.