You are here because the diagnostic tests did not identify
which adapter or device failed, which installed devices are
incorrect, whether a short circuit is suspected, or whether
the system is inoperative.
Follow these procedures to isolate the failing FRU (do not isolate nondefective FRUs).
Verify that the power supply being used at the time of the failure is operating correctly.
(See 'Power System Checkout').
- Power off the computer.
- Visually check them for damage. If any problems are found, replace the FRU.
- Remove or disconnect all of the following devices:
- Non-IBM devices
- Devices attached to the ThinkPad Port Replicator with Advanced Etherjet Feature
- Printer, mouse, and other external devices
- Battery ASM
- Hard disk drive
- CD-ROM and Diskette Drive (FDD ASM) in the Combobay (UltraBay FX)
- PC Cards (PCMCIA)
- Power on the computer.
- Determine if the problem has changed.
- If the problem does not recur, reconnect the removed devices one at a time until you find the failing FRU.
- If the problem remains, replace the following FRUs one at a time. Do not replace a non-defective FRU.
- System/planar board
- LCD panel ASM
- CPU card
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.