The following provides some general display information for the computer. For specific display service
procedures and other display information, refer to the Monitor Hardware Maintenance Manual (P/N 83G7827 form number S71G-4197)
The Power Series computer DOES NOT Support these displays:
6312, 6314, 6317, 6318, 6319. Attaching these displays to a Power Series computer can DAMAGE the display
The following is a Quick Test for the display:
- Power off the computer and display.
- Disconnect the display signal cable.
- Power on the display.
- Turn the brightness and contrast controls to their maximum setting.
- Check for the following conditions:
If the display test fails, replace or service the display. If that does not solve the
problem or if the display test is successful, do the following.
- You should be able to vary the screen intensity by adjusting the contrast and brightness controls.
- The screen should be white or light gray.
- Remove the L2 Cache Card (if installed).
- Retry the test that failed.
- If the problem is resolved, replace the L2 Cache Card.
- If the problem remains, replace FRUs in the following order
until the problem goes away:
- Video adapter (if installed)
- Riser card (if video adapter is installed)
- System board
NOTE: During the first two or three seconds after the display is powered
on, the following might occur while the display synchronizes with the computer.
- Unusual patterns or characters
- Static, crackling, or clicking sounds
- A power on vibration on larger displays
These sounds and display patterns are normal, do not replace any parts. Also, a noticeable odor might
occur on new displays or displays recently removed from storage.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.