Symptom-to-FRU Index (8551)
The Symptom-to-FRU Index lists error symptoms and possible
causes. The most likely cause is listed first.
Always begin with 'General Checkout'
This index also can be used to help you decide which FRUs to have
available when servicing a computer.
If you are unable to correct the problem using this index,
go to 'Undetermined Problem'.
- If you have both an error message and an
incorrect audio response, diagnose the error message first.
- If you cannot run the advanced diagnostics tests, but did receive a
POST error message, diagnose the POST error message.
- If you did not receive an error message, look for a description of your
error symptoms in the first part of this index.
- Check all power supply voltages before you replace the system board.
(See 'Power Systems Checkout'.)
- If an error message is not listed,
there is a device installed that requires an additional diskette or
Refer to the diskette or service manual for that device.
How to Read POST Error Messages
POST error messages are displayed on the screen as 3, 4, 5,
or 8 digits.
The error messages that can be displayed as shorter POST messages are
highlighted in this Symptom-to-FRU Index.
In the Numeric Error Codes index, an X in an error message
can be any number.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.