Checking Installed Devices (8554)
Checking Installed Devices
The Installed Devices List shows the presence of devices
in the computer.
If an adapter or device is missing from the list, you might have one
of the following conditions.
A customized setup configuration (other than default settings) might
exist on the computer you are servicing.
Running Automatic Configuration can alter those settings.
Note the current configuration settings (using the View
configuration) and verify that the same settings are
in place when service is complete.
- The protected partition on the hard disk or the Reference
Diskette you are using does not contain the code required to support
- An adapter or device is defective.
- The device missing from the list is an unrecognizable drive or
- The device missing from the list requires an additional diskette.
- A power supply voltage is incorrect (see 'Power Systems Checkout').
If the adapter is on the list, run the adapter diagnostics tests.
If the list contains an adapter or device that is not installed,
go to 'Undetermined Problem'
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.