Connecting an ASCII Terminal - Logging In and Out (8238)
Connecting an ASCII Terminal - Logging In and Out
An ASCII terminal or PC-based terminal lets you issue mgmt. commands and view status information.
NOTE: The following procedure is optional . You do not need to connect
a terminal for the hub to operate.
To connect a terminal to the mgmt. hub:
- Use a null modem cable to connect the CONSOLE port on the front panel of the mgmt. hub to an ASCII
terminal or PC-based terminal emulator.
- Make sure the terminal and mgmt. hub are powered up.
- Configure the terminal emulator to the following default terminal settings:
- 9600 bps (baud)
- 8 data bit
- No parity
- 2 stop bits.
- Press the Enter key on the terminal once or twice.
The login prompt is displayed as follows:
Logging In and Out
If you want to issue mgmt. commands to the mgmt. hub, you must log in.
NOTE: The following is optional . You do not need to
connect a terminal for the hub to operate.
To log in to the mgmt. hub:
- Connect an ASCII terminal or PC-based terminal emulator as described above in the section
entitled Connecting an ASCII Terminal.
- At the Login: prompt, enter your login ID.
The default login ID is system (in lowercase letters), which provides super user accesss
The hub displays the password prompt:
- Enter your password. As you type a password, it is not displayed on the screen.
The password for the default login name is to press Enter.
A message similar to the following is displayed:
Welcome to super user service on Nways TR Stackable Hub.
You are now logged in with the user privileges assigned to your login ID.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.