The amber Disturbance light (lightning bolt symbol) on the IBM
4/10GB 4MM DAT Tape drive option flashes or remains on
PROBLEM ISOLATION AIDS:
The tape drive is one of the following 4/10GB 4mm DAT Drives:
FRU P/N Option P/N
16G8454 8191359 or 74G8631
16G8456 8191339 or 74G8632
1. If the amber Disturbance LED is on solid, clean the drive
one(1) time. An internal cleaning algorithm calculates
when the drive needs to be cleaned and turns on this LED.
2. If the Disturbance light is FLASHING, clean four(4) times.
Note: If the Disturbance light continues to FLASH after the
cleaning AND after a system reset, replace the tape drive.
The following are additional tape cleaning recommendations:
1. Clean the tape drive after every 24 hours of tape operation.
2. Increase the frequency of tape cleanings when new tapes are
3. Clean the tape drive one(1) time before any FULL backup or
after any tape backup failure.
Customers are responsible for cleaning the tape drive with a
cleaning cartridge. Customers may order this cartridge as
FRU P/N 21F8763
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.