Making Copper RI/RO Connections (8238)
Making Copper RI/RO Connections
If the IBM 8238 Copper RI/RO Feature is installed in your mgmt.
hub, you can make RI/RO connections to:
- IBM 8238 Copper RI/RO Features installed in mgmt. hubs in other stacks.
- Other RI/RO devices (such as a module in an IBM 8250 or IBM 8260 hub).
To make a RI/RO connection:
- Ensure both RI/RO devices are set to the same ring speed.
The IBM 8238 Copper RI/RO Feature ring speed is factory-set to 16 Mbps. If you must
change the ring speed, refer to the IBM 3238 Token Ring Stackable Hub Installation and Operation Guide.
- Connect the trunk cables as follows:
Connect Ring-In on the 8238 Copper RI/RO Feature to Ring OUT on the other RI/RO device.
- Connect Ring Out on the 8238 Copper RI/RO Feature to Ring In on the other RI/RO device.
The order in which you make the connections does not matter.
- Check the LEDs on the IBM 8238 Copper RI/RO Feature front panel to verify that the trunks are working properly.
The RI/RO LEDs light solid green to indicate proper operation.
- For more information on interpreting LEDs, refer to the 'Interpreting RI/RO LEDs' section.
- If the RI and RO LEDs are blinking green, the trunks may be in the wrapped delay state. If so, within 30 seconds
the trunks unwrap and the LEDs stop blinking.
- If you are connecting to a device other than an IBM 8238 Copper RI/RO Feature, you may have to use the
SET TRUNC COMPATIBILITY mgmt. command. For details, refer to the IBM 8238 Token Ring Stackable Hub Management
Guide Refer also to any release notes for all products involved in the RI/RO connection.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.